– Gain ARE eligibility. DONE! I thought I had to send a transcript request to my school and have them FedEx it to NCARB and it seemed like a lot. All I had to do was get CMU to send NCARB an electronic copy! They had it for a about a week, so I called customer service. The guy approved my transcript right then over the phone, and the next day I was eligible to test! Yay for being proactive. 🙂 (Also shouts out to Fairy for all gaining eligibility #killinit)
– Stick to study schedule for ARE tests. Sort of done? I still wake up at 5am everyday, but I’m not studying anywhere near 13-15 hours a week. Part of the reason I didn’t follow through on this goal is because I had a generic study schedule in terms of times to study, but nothing specific on content to cover. I’ve adjusted for going into October.
– Schedule ARE test for mid-October. NOPE! See #2.
– Take more initiative at work. Uhm… I still haven’t figured out what this means. I don’t think I did it.
– Meatless Wednesdays. YES! Every Wednesday this month was a success! I almost caved once, but I stuck it out. I’m going to continue this one.
– Read the Bible everyday. NOPE. I just haven’t made time for it. It’s that simple.
– Workout 3 times a week for at least 45 minutes. NOPE. Once my personal training sessions stopped, I started slacking. We’ll see what I can do for October.
– Save 30% of Income. Eh. I think it was more like 20%.
– Learn about stocks. NOPE. I honestly forgot about this one. Which is funny because I wrote it down twice.
– Figure out ONE budgeting system. I… no not really.
– Read 21 Days to a Better Budget. Read it… remember nothing.
So yeah! September has come and gone. I got at least one(ish) from each category–not too shabby.
I think what I need is to pick 3-4 main things to focus on. Maybe even cut it down to 2 or 3. I tried to take on too much, and that just led to lots of goals not being accomplished. And that’s lame.
Tune in in like 10-15 minutes (lol) for my October Goals!
Hello my lovely readers! Sometimes I strive for things. Here are some of those things for this month. *pleased with self emoji*
gain ARE eligibility
ARE= Architectural Registration Exam, and I need to become licensed
stick to study schedule for ARE tests
5 am wake ups! I’m studying for about 13-15 hours a week, and I do mornings because I typically don’t want to do anything after work.
schedule ARE test for mid-October
Take more initiative at work
I haven’t really figured out what this means yet, but it’s on the list, so I guess I gotta do it.
Meatless Wednesdays! Beau is on his way to becoming vegan because he wants to live a healthier lifestyle. I also want to be healthier. Beau and I hang out on Wednesdays (so we don’t go an entire 5 days without seeing each other every week), so this is the perfect excuse for me to make a change to my diet too! (Even if only for one day a week.)
Read the bible everyday, even if it’s only one chapter. I have the bible app on my phone, and I get a daily verse, but I think I need to really dive in and let the Word speak to me. I can’t force insight, but the chances of me learning something and becoming closer to God go up the more I seek that knowledge.
Read 1 non-fiction (preferably personal-development related) book
Work out 3 times a week for at least 45 minutes (dancing and acroyoga count if I can keep my heart rate up).
Save 30% of my income. *fantasizes about getting the keys to my own condo*
Learn about stocks.
Figure out ONE budgeting system that works for me. This will probably require more than just September, but that’s no reason not to really buckle down and start trying stuff right now.
Read 21 Days to a Better Budget, free from this website.
Learn about stocks!
I think that’s quite the list to tackle, but I’m up for it! The idea of becoming a better, more true-t0-myself me makes me so excited! And Beau motivates me, too, because he wants it for himself as well! It’s nice to have someone who shares the same headspace as me. (Is that a thing? It is now.)
Adulthood is hard, but I’m learning my way around. 🙂